The general objectives of Strategic Urban Planning (SUP) at SRUJAN include:
- Clarifying appropriate city model
- Working towards its goal
- Understanding of greater geography
- Economic and political context
- Coordinating administration
- Businesses and social agents
It also includes adapting to new circumstances, articulating long term planning strategies that meet the present & future needs and improving the living conditions of the affected citizens.
This exercise is eminently a practical mixture of thought, techniques and art or expertise.
A participative process is a priority when defining contents. It is rather a policy contract between civil society and public institutions.